MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

guoky headers are multi platform.. fit st204 too

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MR2Hybrid93 
#1 ·
So I ventured out to do a 2gr swap. Like most you guys. Not done yet, but i just wanted to say,

Gouky Headers rock!

I was hoping not to take a loss on them, however, with a few mods on the car, they fit a 97 st204.

These headers are top notch!! Carefully i test fitted them on the front, of course i knew they would fit. of course not a whole lot of space left...

my biggest concern, was the rear exhaust. because of the steering rack in the celica, however, with a few changes, it is in....

so there you have it Marc. Thanks, for your help, just wish more celica dudes do this swap....

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, for your help, just wish more celica dudes do this swap....
I'm pretty sure with some more information, fab support/parts, and help more celica guys would jump on board. The lack of information is the only thing holding me back from doing this swap. I have the funds, but I'm not rich by any means, and throwing money away in the hopes that swap information will one day be shared is a gamble I'm not willing to take. Finish the swap, start a thread on a group buy on the swap kit, collaborate with MR2 2GR part suppliers such as Gouky and lets do this thing. I will be second in line because I know bloodMoney is next in line. Just my .02 I've been glued to this swap progress from day one and absolutely love it. Keep up the good work and don't loose faith in the celica guys:smile:

#5 ·
. The lack of information is the only thing holding me back from doing this swap.
lol, lamont. The information is there, in my post. Clear as mud. LOL. the engine does fit. i have cleared that up. the headers fit.

all needed is the mount, which is not hard... anyone that can weld can do it.

start a thread on a group buy on the swap kit,
like I said before, there will be no swap kit, as there is really none. There is no money in these. not for 4 pieces...

#8 ·
unfortunately not a lot of space there....

but here is a small preview, and i need to fix...

and

as you can see, or barely see, there is only a few mm of space between the header and radiator fan, and no space for the alternator plug and the ac lines...

but i think i have solution soon..

I love those headers, shiny....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.