MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

What are people doing for harness bars these days?

20K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  immorality 
#1 ·
I'm planning to drop a couple of Recaro SPGs into my turbo and I generally prefer to have "proper" harnesses when using racing seats, at least on the track.

I doesn't seem like any of the harness bars that are mentioned in the various threads on here are still available unless you luck out and find a used one. What are people doing if they need a harness bar these days? Have one custom made? Fit a cage? Cage isn't an option for me, the car is too nice for that and I've restricted myself to bolt ons only so I can return everything to stock if I want to.

#2 ·
thing is most role bars that are mounted on OEM holes only are not the right "safe" angle the belt should be at. I ran into this problem so I had to just drill into the firewall for my harnesses. Also if your getting a harness delete your airbag. It will only burn you if you have a harness on.

#3 ·
Depends which race group you run with. Some follow scca rules hard core. Meaning you need both roll bar and harness. Others would let you side a bit if it's properly mounted. On mine I used the firewall with the steel plate and bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.