MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Show Us Pictures Of Your Subs!

10K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  defigart 
#1 ·
Trying to get some ideas on sub or subs.

thx for your pics. :smile:

#27 ·
This was not for my MR2 but a little box I made up for the 4runner that would fit in the MR2. I added a quick-disconnect to the power cords after these pictures allowing me to install/remove it real easy.

#30 ·
Daemonslayer said:
nice Job Texasace.That sure looks compact.
Would it fit on the rear store box on a MR2 or is it too deep?
Rework it some and it would fit for sure. I think it would be real close as it is.

You could put the amp on the bottom instead of the top and it would fit I am pretty sure. Could also use a larger single woofer (better idea really, i just had these laying around) which would make things a little easier.

In my 4runner it gives off reasonable bass, in an MR2 it would be real nice with the smaller cabin.

Although honestly in an MR2 with those subs, I would just put them into the stock sub boxes.

#32 ·
shady said:
How do you stop it from sliding around and crashin into each other ? The thought of it freaks me out but i wanna put subs behind both the seats :(

Btw i plan to cut through the stock subwoofer box so that it gives more space install a bigger box.
I just put them into the factory storage bags. The sit on a angle, on the floor towards the back of the car and the other side just lean up against the fire wall with minimal overlap between the two. Thats how the dealer had them when I brought it so just always done it like that.

I didnt cut the box. It has about 5 spot welds in each that hold the front panel on that I drilled out. That way I could put them back in if ever needed

#39 ·
#48 ·
dasic1 said:
I just put them into the factory storage bags. The sit on a angle, on the floor towards the back of the car and the other side just lean up against the fire wall with minimal overlap between the two. Thats how the dealer had them when I brought it so just always done it like that.
Same here

dasic1 said:
I didnt cut the box. It has about 5 spot welds in each that hold the front panel on that I drilled out. That way I could put them back in if ever needed
Agreed

Here is my setup. It's a 10" Elemental Designs SQ10 in a custom built .45 cu ft sealed enclosure, powered by a Kicker ZX300.1 amp. I removed the stock subwoofer enclosure and built it into where the old sub/enclosure was to get some extra airspace. Capable of way more bass than I want, and I still have full adjustability of my seats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.