MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

E85 stroker, gt3582-r

31K views 132 replies 25 participants last post by  mister3 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to see what I can max out my GT3582-r ported Turbo out at.

Car is at AGP, finishing out the upgraded fuel system, installing a walbro 416, ID2200cc (210 Pounds) injectors, larger return lines etc.

Curious what people think the dyno results will be? Hoping to get some nice numbers out of her. Here is the modlist :) Never ran E85 before... hope it does not let me down :)

E85

2001 5sfe 2.2 stroked 40 over bottom end

Gen2 3sgte head

HKS 264 cams

HKS cam gear

Stroker 5s Crank

Weisco 88mm Piston

Eagle Rods Shotpeened

King Race bearings

MSD 8910 tach adapter, msd 6, and blaster 3 coil

Nology Spark plug wires

GREX oil cooler

GT3582 R Dual ball bearing turbo (ported housing,& anti-surge)

Tial 38mm wastegate

Greddy Trunk Mount intercooler

Greddy type RS BOV

Greddy timing belt

Greddy DP

Greddy Power Extreme Jasma Exhaust 70mm

ATS highflow oil pump

Steel braided A/N turbo return and feed lines

Supra 4inch intake with 6inch X 9inch K&N Filter

6-4 inch velocity stack

WolfKatz Fan shroud with dual SPAL fans

SPAL Pusher Fan for TMIC

Gen3 MAP

Gen3 IAT

Dual Feed Top Feed Fuel Rail

upgraded Return lines

Steel braided lines and A/N fittings

SARD FPR

ID2200cc injectors

ARP Headstuds

Commetic stroker Headgasket

RMR intake manifold

Samco hose kit

Apexi PFC w/ Commander

DataLogit

Greddy type 2 boost controller

Got the Car at Agressive Performance, Sue is taking good care of my baby, there is even another widebody to keep mine company :) they meet in Socal befoer hehehe

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/109131916@N07/13596431243/in/photostream/player/" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Injector Dynamics 2200cc (210 pound) Topfeed injectors

Getting a Walbro 416 installed, Larger Return lines, and Tunning!

Lets guess the HP :) suggestions and comments always welcome! I miss this forum and have not been on it much lately!!! You guys rock!

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Stock exhaust manifold cause there is very little gains from aftermarket other then looks. Plus the stock ones rarely crack!

celica- ya I might be mistaking it for my old one, maybe its a 40mm I will have to check lol too many car builds at once.

I am hoping for some pretty decent HP, only time will tell. Dyno coming soon

I missed this community good guys on here!

#11 ·
Ditto, the higher the power level, the larger the gains. Look up RacerX1715 for some examples.

At the 400-500whp level, there are reasonable gains to be had, at the 600whp+ level there are very large gains if everything else is up to snuff.

The intake manifold will quickly become a restriction as well once the exhaust is upgraded so you really need to upgrade them together and have them designed to work together.

Thats how RacerX was able to make over 500whp on pump gas @ 18psi and hold the record for the highest pump gas MR2 that I am aware of by a fair margin.

#10 · (Edited)
maz- which car is yours? the redone?

Sonic- I have not been very active on the boards, is there dyno results to back that up? I know a few years ago there was the ramhorn exhaust mani that was like $1000 bucks and it barley netted 50ish hp gain or something and most the others where pretty much just for looks almost no gains..... But are there new designs that are netting significant results dyno proven? I would love to see the data :) I have not been very active on here so I may have missed it.

#14 ·
Maz- sick I am blue one with gramlights F-pro!!

Texas- so I just read 10 pages on one of racerX's build I remember him making these and they look amazing, but I had not seen any dyno results.

After reading 10 pages, I only found a 20hp gain with a car at 450hp. That good, and the design is stellar, but I am not sure I would spend 1700 dollars for 25hp.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=379034&page=10

If there is more data, to motivate me to shell out the cash please shoot it my way, but that was all I could find. Thanks again for the info :)

#15 ·
He has cheaper options out now with similar gains. Like I said the gains at the 400whp level are good, it is when you start pushing higher then they really show their value.

Also the intake manifold and exhaust manifold work together, if you upgrade one without the other they will both suffer. Like I said, once he upgraded both he holds the record for most power on pump gas by a fair margin. Goes to show how much better the setup flows overall vs your normal stock manifold setup.

Push more power through it and the gains would grow even more.

for 500whp, the stock manifold can work, not ideal but it works. Over 600whp, you really should upgrade, you can force the power but it will take a lot more boost and be a lot harder on the engine.

#17 ·
Texas- thanks for the imput, I do have the RMR 5 liter intake manifold, so that should help. I will look more into his exhaust manifolds as a possible upgrade later on down the road.

Smooth- I have never heard of anyone running issues with the Gen3 map sensor with a full EMS having problems with more then 21psi? can you tell me more? I am pretty sure I wont be in the low 400 hp with this setup...

#18 ·
The RMR SUCKS, search RacerX's intake threads, his manifold blew the RMR out of the water.

Smooth is right about the map sensor, it is only good to ~21-22psi tops. Better off with a GM sensor by far, plus you know exactly how to calibrate it and they are cheap.

#26 ·
I keep reading this... absolutely false. There are many factors here, but generally lower boost = larger wastegate. The creep is gods way of telling you to quit running low boost on huge turbos. This isnt honda-tech.

#20 ·
Tex- RMR sucks now in comparison to Jeff's(RacerX) new technology on intake/exhaust manifolds. But before that for an intake for our cars there weren't many, if any, better than that at the time. But I agree with you, for his setup his VE will definitely benefit from a set of manifolds.

Angel- I agree 44 or 46mm would be a better option than what he currently has.

#21 ·
Texas-Maybe I will swap out for a GM map sensor. Sucks is kinda harsh, I got a almost 50hp gain from my RMR when I swapped to it... but ya I am sure Racerx is better, then are flowed for each other and a much more modern design.

JDM- do you think I will need a 44mm gate if I am not running low boost. I should be in the 20-30psi range? two spots I spoke to said a 38 should be ok... and if it does boost creep, then swap it..

celica- thanks ya I got it a pretty long time ago.

Any suggestions on where to get a GM 3 bar map sensor quick?

#24 ·
Texas-Maybe I will swap out for a GM map sensor. Sucks is kinda harsh, I got a almost 50hp gain from my RMR when I swapped to it... but ya I am sure Racerx is better, then are flowed for each other and a much more modern design.
Quality is always relative. When they came out there was nothing else so they were good by default since they were better then stock on the top end.

Now that FAR better options exist on the other hand, they suck. They make ok top end gains but you completely ruin the rest of the powerband.

It will work but you will be giving up a whole lot of low end power.

#28 ·
#27 ·
Hes running e85, with a fuel system (and im assuming a block) that can handle anything that turbo puts out. If he is truly trying to maximize the output from it, his wastegate isnt going to open much, if at all. He could run a 5mm wg for what hes trying to do.

#29 ·
blawar- that's what I was told too about the wastegate? thanks for the input.

I will check into the Honeywell too, thanks for all the input, no matter how much ya think ya know, I always learn new stuff from this site!

#31 ·
Turbro- thanks, ya I hope so!

Hmm I am kinda temped to get a 4bar map... anyone with experience in map sensors that will be in the psi range I will probably need etc? GM makes one. I think I need to swap out my gen3 map...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.