MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FIA Roll Cage

21K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KarTek 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at getting my AW11b fitted out for Prodution 2wd rallies. I know there are a few people here who rally with their MR2 and wanted some knowledge as to how you did your roll cage. If some of you would be willing to send me some pics of how you did yours to meet the specs, I would greatly appreciate that. Also what suspensions are you guys running and do they raise the height of the car at all for some extra ground clearance?

Thanks,
Brandon

#2 ·
Most of us have had a contractor install teh cage. Teh cage rules are written in great detail in regards of what is required. It will be up to you to relay that information to the cage builder.

I personally do not fun Rally but I do run in a racing series that has to conform to a ruleset similar.

Just make sure you follow the rules, make sure that the belt bar is the correct height with respect to the mounting holes in the seat. I like the idea of tying the cage to the seat mounting locations on the floor. My class allows to get the doors so my cage goes into the door on both sides.

#3 ·
I custom built mine. As quadzjr said, just make sure you follow the rules. If you have a cage guy building it for you, double and triple check they are following the rules. Rally FIA has some guidelines not commonly found in other motorsports rollcages.
Feel free to message me as I rally a MK1B :) I will do my best to respond in a timely manner (I don't get on here as much as I should).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.