MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

New Ebay Fog Lights Part III

21K views 65 replies 27 participants last post by  RePete 
#1 ·
continued from Part II

So The lights now are down to $87 shipped. I'm thinking about getting a set. It seems they drop in price about $5 a month though. Looking for more experiences with these before I pull the trigger. As discussed previously, they will probably require dis-assembly before they are even installed to correct cheap wiring crimps / build.

smoked ebay fogs

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
They are actually not that dark at all.

The connector they use is the type found in most common H.I.D lighting kits these days.

Hope this helps.

I bought them, because they look really nice, clean non chipped class and look good on a black SW20, with the subtle tint, in my opinion. I don't even ever really use the foglights anyway, and I barely drive the car anyway. These are there for "show" you could say, they are not even plugged in. Just mounted, for reasons stated above. If I really want, I still have the OEM foglights with yellow installed capsules that I can swap in if I wanted to flash a "JDM" appearance, which I don't really have any interest in doing. I like keeping the car's colors simple. Polish/Black/Clear

#11 ·
I bought the yellow ones and I had to cut the wires from the oem plug and put on the plug provided in the kit so the connectors would match up. No joke, the wiring and connectors are p.o.s in the kit. I tried installing them yesterday. 1 works and the other wont come on so tonight after work I need to see if its a bulb issue or if I have to pull out the guts and rewire everything... I wish I had my oem ones but they were in such bad condition Id rather pay 90 bucks then the few hundred that toyota wanted to charge for oem ones...

#18 ·
#20 ·
Daemonslayer said:
but the front glass is acually glas like the OEM parts right?
Anyone wrote a feedback about the quality?
guess i must check in the previous threadpts?
Yes the cover is glass. Its a tad thinner than the oem glass but overall good. The mounting tabs have been beefed up in the mold.
Only quality concern everyone has seems to be the crimping in the wiring. You should give the connections a once/twice over with a crimper, or re-crimp using your own stuff. Definitely inspect them. Some members that have fogs just re-use the oem wiring they already have installed for these housings

I still think they are way too expensive. It's less than $3 in materials to make it, and shoddy wiring/crimping to boot. Not to mention a member in one of the previous threads said one of the bulbs burned out in under a month.

Plus you will have to buy oem fog brackets or make your own.

#21 ·
sounds not bad for aftermarket foglights.
From Euro site the price is really good.But if youre lucky you sometimes find brand new OEM foglights for 100gbp on forums.
by looking of the images with the beam pattern - like on most fake HID kits the light seems to produce strokes too - the most undesired and anoying effect on carlights.But i can be wrong here as its hard to tell from images only.
I guess the beam pattern is not that important on foglights..i had mine on like once a year.

#22 ·
Apokryphos said:
Yes the cover is glass. Its a tad thinner than the oem glass but overall good.
If those aftermarket fog thin glass are a concern, try using a 3M Stongard or LaminX clear protector to ensure your investment.
Imagine this protector as a thicker version of those clear bra.

Example of 3M Stongard over OEM factory fog lamps:

I have them on to prevent pitting, chipping, and cracks.

~ Tommy

#23 ·
^ noted. I don't even have the lights yet lol, but I've been watching these threads since a week after I JUST missed them on ebay @ $50 last year. Right after about 10-20 people bought them at $50-55, the prices jumped up to 150-125 and have dropped about $5 a month. Two to three weeks ago I saw them at $82, and I saw about 3-5 people bought them at that price, and they jumped to $87. Its like a god forsaken stock market algorithm that is matching price to the demand. Almost makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.

#25 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.