MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Show Us Pictures Of Your Subs!

10K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  defigart 
#1 ·
Trying to get some ideas on sub or subs.

thx for your pics. :smile:

#7 · (Edited)
Brokemofugga said:
How good do those daytons hit? Just curious btw :)

They are almost as good as an alpine type R 12" on the low end beats. You can feel your hair, thigh and legs tingle with just 300RMS watts and it feels like it never wants to top out.

It is all in the audio tune and this subwoofer is very capable versus the other stuff i've used. Well worth the $127 emspowered is asking for them. They sound decent in small enclosures and even better in bigger ones.

They give high quality comfort beats and they're also crazy when you want to blast them

1x 10" dayton in a small enclosure..
500rms watt
Might sound funny or like if it is topping out in the video due to the cheap phone camera microphone, but it doesn't sound like that in real life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOgQyLzqjkk

300rms watt
1x 10"dayton in a bigger enclosure..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxt9E7cCRBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6novJD1Dw3k

#12 · (Edited)
i had it exactly like OMGMR2 on pessenger side only with the HERTZ ES300 which was suggested me by the guys from the german hifi forum.
It made a pretty deep soft bass which i liked as i hear much HipHop stuff.

When i did my turboswap i decided to loose some weight and threw that monster out and went for the stock Sublayout.
I used sheepwool for a fillerelement except on the reflecting surface.I was told about the wool amount by some crazy soundengeneers who develop speakers in my area.(they made tests and all that).
Then i used Alubutyl (that black stuff) on the outside to dampen vibrations and resonance frequencies.
After all that i searched for woofers and came up with the sickest available in that small size.Focal utopia 13WS.
I use a german Eton Amp on that and i would say they are good deep midbasses..but far from what the Hertz ES 300 did to me ^^
But even with all the mods..they weight 4kgs togehter.Which is acceptable compared to the old Monster Woofer.

Seeing what dasic1 has - i want this too.looks crazy.Man you even colored your seatbelts!How did you do that? :thumbup

#14 ·
I have 2 small truck boxes that house 8 inch Rockford Fosgates (Ive recently upgraded to some newer Infinity Reference 8s but havent installed em), and Ive had those subs for YEARS and they sound really good. Considering I salvaged the boxes from a buddys dads shed (they were made by Pioneer, and they were meant for a truck, and there was a place for a full range horn, so they werent bass boxes, they were full range boxes), I took the horn out and put some material over the hole, and I realized they were pretty much perfect for the size of subs I wanted, and put some polyfill in and set it.

Ill post pictures later.

#18 ·
Id be afraid of a passenger putting their knee or foot through my sub. No thanks.

Props for ingenuity though.

#20 ·
GIXXER Not yet, will be getting a respray once the engine is sorted
Daemonslayer I replaced the webbing in the seat belt with new stuff

The interior will be redone once the car is resprayed so not sure if the subs will make it back in, If they do it will be a bit different anyway

#21 ·
dasic1 said:
I had two 12" subs in mine
This by far is the best sub setup that I ever saw inside a MR2 :thumbup

#22 ·
Luni said:
Id be afraid of a passenger putting their knee or foot through my sub. No thanks.

Props for ingenuity though.
There is a grill cover that goes over the speaker.
No feet, fingers or knees will be harming it.

It is a 10" single-coil sub.

The sub location ensures that the space behind the seats can be used for the t-tops in the bags with the straps, as designed.

The stuff that would have gone in the glove-box, simply goes in the center console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.