MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Wiper Arms

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  thx1138 
#1 ·
Hi MK3 guys. I own an MK2 but have a favor/question to ask of some of you. In the world of MK2 MR2's we are losing the ability to buy some new parts for our cars because they are getting old and Toyota has been discontinuing certain parts as our cars get older. Among them are the wiper arms. It is a popular mod for 91-92 MR2's to switch to 93-95 wiper arms that have a "j-hook" end. I cannot find a set of 93-95 j-hook wiper arms anywhere. Being that you guys have a similar style wiper arm with the j-hook end, I am wondering if your wiper arms will fit on 91-95 MR2's and will the windshield area be properly covered? Do any of you own both MK2 and MK3 cars or have a buddy with the opposite MK and willing to test this out? Us MK2 guys would really appreciate finding an alternative to our super hard to find j-hook wiper arms. Any help or info is appreciated.

#3 ·
While looking at my car outside and looking at others in the parking lot I came to the conclusion that wiper arms look very similar across cars. They can't be that different can they? Really thin someone just needs to pull both arms and go to a junk yard and see what comes close.

#4 ·
Wipers

Previously went to local Toyota dealer and ordered some inserts for 91 MR2. After a month inserts/order finally came in. Dealer said that the inserts were no longer available. But now you would have to but total bracket assembly to get wiper blades. They were much more costly than just inserts. I got them for the inserts alone since that's what I paid for initially. Have thought about getting some of the more generic blades for availability. Fortunately I some inserts previously purchased.
Has anyone had any success in with other brands, RainX, and whatever?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.