The Giant Cup Holder Thread - Page 4 - MR2 Owners Club Message Board
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2013, 06:30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 44
Posts: 1
OldTrader Rating: (0)
That looks decent and relatively unobtrusive.
cjf_351 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 84 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 12:29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOVA
Age: 28
Posts: 681
OldTrader Rating: (5)
Garage
I figured Id bring this thread back to life and see if anyone else has came up with any ideas. This is my setup. Looks like it's in the way but It really isn't.










And for those of you thinking "if it's all in the way, how the hell am I gonna get some road dome"


Well boom! Removable !


madboosted is offline  
post #63 of 84 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 12:44
Gold Level
 
Celica GTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DMV
Posts: 1,193
OldTrader Rating: (28)
lol...nice

86 halftrac(sold/R.I.P)
88 Alltrac (sold)
92 Toyota Pick-up(sold)
04 ZX10-R(sold)
93 MR2 Turbo
Celica GTE is offline  
 
post #64 of 84 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 19:15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 34
Posts: 1,341
OldTrader Rating: (20)
Are those recaro sr3's? How high do they sit compared to stock seats?
mr24fun is offline  
post #65 of 84 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 14:37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOVA
Age: 28
Posts: 681
OldTrader Rating: (5)
Garage
They are from a DC5 integra type R (rsx). They sit maybe an inch higher which felt a little weird at first but now I got use to it and it's very comfortable.
madboosted is offline  
post #66 of 84 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 14:41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 1,806
OldTrader Rating: (16)
I like those seats madboosted. I could picture that set in my blue interior
IwantanMR2 is offline  
post #67 of 84 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2014, 08:38
Registered User
 
eazy2001x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Long Island NY
Age: 36
Posts: 9,213
OldTrader Rating: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madboosted View Post
I figured Id bring this thread back to life and see if anyone else has came up with any ideas. This is my setup. Looks like it's in the way but It really isn't.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps5elpve7c.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psh9pliiv0.jpg
where did you get that cup holder and is it removable?
eazy2001x is offline  
post #68 of 84 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2015, 20:25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Age: 28
Posts: 260
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Just found this single din cup holder and tray box on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Universa...a47fe9&vxp=mtr
duweeee is offline  
post #69 of 84 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2015, 09:57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver (USA), Washington (State)
Posts: 36
OldTrader Rating: (0)
I am taking one for the team. I just ordered one of these and I will let you know how it is when I get it.

Doran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duweeee View Post
Just found this single din cup holder and tray box on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Universa...a47fe9&vxp=mtr
defigart is offline  
post #70 of 84 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2015, 10:20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Age: 28
Posts: 260
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defigart View Post
I am taking one for the team. I just ordered one of these and I will let you know how it is when I get it.

Doran
Nice I'm going to order one soon too.
duweeee is offline  
post #71 of 84 (permalink) Old March 4th, 2015, 19:32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 249
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Just a tip for the MK1 guys, if you didn't already know. If you want to put a drink somewhere, you can squeeze your drink between the lever where you adjust your angle of your seat and the door card pocket trim holder. This is for mk1 B's , not sure about the older models. I fit coffee, water bottles, and other soft drinks in between there and had no issues.
Duality is offline  
post #72 of 84 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2015, 07:35
Registered User
 
eazy2001x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Long Island NY
Age: 36
Posts: 9,213
OldTrader Rating: (41)
I put all my drinks under the seat belt buckle on the driver side. It works like a charm..
eazy2001x is offline  
post #73 of 84 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2015, 07:02
.
 
Jon91turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Age: 32
Posts: 6,742
OldTrader Rating: (175)
Ram Mount

Jon91turbo is offline  
post #74 of 84 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2015, 18:34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Age: 28
Posts: 260
OldTrader Rating: (0)
New single din cup holder came in.

The Good:
Price was $11.45
Everything lines up and looks to be in good order.
The cup holder action opens up well and holder keeps bottles well in place.

The Bad:
The slots are hard to open and takes a bit of force.
The cup holder supports on the bottom are a bit flimsy.
The diameter of the holders can hold a water bottle but nothing larger.



duweeee is offline  
post #75 of 84 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2015, 19:27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,560
OldTrader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duweeee View Post

The Bad:
The slots are hard to open and takes a bit of force.
The cup holder supports on the bottom are a bit flimsy.
The diameter of the holders can hold a water bottle but nothing larger.



Agree on the slots being hard to open. Hate it and never installed it. haha
Kosan is offline  
post #76 of 84 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2015, 21:52
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver (USA), Washington (State)
Posts: 36
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duweeee View Post
New single din cup holder came in.

The Good:
Price was $11.45
Everything lines up and looks to be in good order.
The cup holder action opens up well and holder keeps bottles well in place.

The Bad:
The slots are hard to open and takes a bit of force.
The cup holder supports on the bottom are a bit flimsy.
The diameter of the holders can hold a water bottle but nothing larger.
Got mine yesterday, will be installing it Friday, and trying it out over the weekend.
defigart is offline  
post #77 of 84 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2015, 11:41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Age: 28
Posts: 260
OldTrader Rating: (0)
This list has advice on ways to improve the cup holder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-MR2-C...-/230592901070

"As the item is new, some buyers have said the drawer is a little stiff to open, so simply add a drop or two of oil to the runners and this will free it up. Alternatively there are two small tabs on the tops of the sides of each drawer, take a layer off these with a stanley knife to free up the drawers.

Please note that brackets do not come with the item, so your car will need to have these already. When the brackets are not present some owners use a cage from a stereo to secure the item in place."
duweeee is offline  
post #78 of 84 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2015, 20:46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver (USA), Washington (State)
Posts: 36
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duweeee View Post
This list has advice on ways to improve the cup holder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-MR2-C...-/230592901070

"As the item is new, some buyers have said the drawer is a little stiff to open, so simply add a drop or two of oil to the runners and this will free it up. Alternatively there are two small tabs on the tops of the sides of each drawer, take a layer off these with a stanley knife to free up the drawers.

Please note that brackets do not come with the item, so your car will need to have these already. When the brackets are not present some owners use a cage from a stereo to secure the item in place."
Oh of course after I installed it you posted how to make it easier.

Put mine in today, I like how it looks. The holes didn't fit the screws that were holding the item that was previously there so I had to get some slightly larger screws. Went in easy.

defigart is offline  
post #79 of 84 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2015, 23:50
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Age: 28
Posts: 260
OldTrader Rating: (0)
Just installed mine too and did the mods mentioned in the ebay listing. The slots are easier to open now. There is a bit of a gap on each side, but I'm pretty happy with the it.



duweeee is offline  
post #80 of 84 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2016, 19:23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 9
OldTrader Rating: (0)
I found a nice folding cup holder but it requires drilling 4 holes through the passenger side of the shifter housing. I don't know what is on the inside of the housing. Anyone know if it is safe to drill 4 small holes through the housing wall?
Here is a link to the Ebay listing.
Black Adjustable Folding Drink Cup Holder For Boat/Marine/Caravan/Car/4x4/RV/Cup | eBay
rdh778 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MR2 Owners Club Message Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: (0 members)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome